During Practice What You Preach (PWYP) VII, in April 2008, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting and spending some time with L. T. Wright and Dan Coppins of Blind Horse Knives. These men are true gentlemen and, together, they make a fine series of quality custom knives at very affordable prices. I couldn’t resist buying a matched pair of their Small Tiger Knapp Knives; one for me, the other for Care.
Here are the Specs for the Blind Horse "Small Tiger Knapp" :
- 100 % Made in the USA
- Laser/water jet cut blanks made from 4140* steel, hand finished
- 4140 is an oil-hardening alloy steel with respectable hardenability. Here’s the breakdown of 4140:
- Carbon .35 – .43; Magnesium .75 – 1.0; Phosphorus .035; Silicon .04; Molybendum .35; Chromium 1.10
- 4140 heat-treats well and machines well in the heat-treated condition. It has good strength, good wear resistance and excellent toughness.
- Overall length is 6"
- 2 1/2" sharpened edge
- 1" squared edge spine tip for use as a ferrocerium (FireSteel) striker
- Grind – Hollow (flat grind is optional, soon to be offered as the standard grind)
- MSRP – $20.00 USD plus shipping
- Weight with JRE sheath is 3.2 ounces.